Entering the Fall

The first summer of my retirement is completed. And after 12 weeks away from the pulpit, I'm headed back to Hitchcock Presbyterian Church in Scarsdale to preach next Sunday, Sept. 29, at 10:30 AM. To say I'm looking forward to it is insufficient. I'm beside myself!

The lectionary texts I'm using are:
Jeremiah 32:1-3a, 6-15 Jeremiah buys a field
Luke 16:19-31 Rich Man and Lazarus

The sermon is: “How to Avoid Hades on Earth”


Dives went to hell not because he was wealthy but because he was not tender hearted enough to see Lazarus. He went to hell because he was so hard hearted that he guarded compassion and made no move to bridge the gulf between himself and his brother. 
          --Martin Luther King, Jr. "A Tough Mind and a Tender Heart" [sermon outline] August 30, 1959

If you're in the area, join me!
--Jack Lohr, Jubilating Pastor

Comments